[mou] 25 Eurasian Collared-Doves, Sibley County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Fri Feb 29 17:18:24 CST 2008

This afternoon Dedrick Benz and I found a total of 25 Eurasian
Collared-Doves in the town of Winthrop in Sibley County. We found two
birds a couple blocks south of Hwy. 19 on the west side of Main Street
in front of someone's yard. A few blocks north of Hwy. 19 on the east
side of Main Street we found another 23 birds in the backyard of a
house. Both locations had feeders that were also attracting House
Sparrows and European Starlings. I know that there are previous
records of Eurasian Collared-Doves in Sibley County, but I'm not
certain whether they have been seen before in Winthrop.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County