[mou] Deer Mouse at MSP Airport?

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt at bestbuy.com
Fri Jan 4 00:10:24 CST 2008

Peter Neubeck and i put some more time into not finding Snowy Owls today at he MSP airport-2.5 hours of scoping and driving and scanning and squinting. The one living thing we found was this rodent at the glycol plant on Cargo Road. I am not certain, but I believe it is a dark phase Deer Mouse. It was between 2.5" and 3" in body length and the tail was about the same. If anyone knows it to be something else, let me know - of course I was shooting it on video expecting the 2 Snowy owls to show up. Alas and alack - it was not to be. Here is the link to the video on You-Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsaU2ow69g

Good birding!