[mou] 3-toed WP/Wadena Co/NOT

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan at digitaljam.com
Fri Jan 4 08:17:00 CST 2008

We were NOT successful in relocating the Wadena county Three-toed Woodpecker
originally reported by Herb Dingmann.

We were at the location from 1:00 -2:30 pm on 1/3/08.  Listening conditions
were excellent and we heard some tantalizingly close tapping, but could not
locate its source.  We DID get to wave to the local mailman (twice) and
first heard and then saw a small flock of Evening Grosbeaks (cool).  There
was lots of evidence of activity on the tamaracks.  Dress warmly.

Herb's directions:
>From Sebeka, go north on U.S. Highway 71 for a mile and a half. Turn left on
to county road 142, drive one mile, then turn right on 119th Avenue. Go
north 1.2 miles and look for the tamaracks on the right side of the road.

--
Thimgans
Otter Tail County