[mou] Birding Minnesota

Robert Tuveson robert.tuveson at comhem.se
Sun Jan 6 07:05:50 CST 2008

Hi!

We are two Swedes who plan to go birding in Minnesota in June 2008. After
Minnesota we’ll bird North Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado. We’ve planned to
bird in Minnesota for six days, and this is our preliminary schedule:

June 19      Pietz’s Road, McGregor Marsh

June 20      Township Road 380→Pietz’s Road/Aitkin County Road 18→Rabey
Tree Farm→Hedbom Logging Trail Bog

June 21      Sax-Zim Bog

June 22      Tettegouche State Park→Oberg Mountain→ Gunflint Trail

June 23      Gunflint Trail

June 24      County Road 2→Tamarac NWR→Drive towards North Dakota.

Our important target species are:

Spruce Grouse, Ruffed Grouse, Great Gray Owl, Boreal Owl, Long-eared Owl,
Short-eared Owl, Nelson’s Sharp-tailed Sparrow, Black-billed Cuckoo,
White-winged Crossbill, Evening Grosbeak, Boreal Chickadee, Connecticut
Warbler, Golden-winged Warbler,  Blackburnian Warbler, Black-throated Blue
Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler, Am. Woodcock, Rusty Blackbird

Do you think the preliminary trip plan is good, considering the target
species? Any suggestions for changes? Any suggestions of where to find
Evening

Grosbeak and White-winged crossbill - species that seem difficult to get?
American Woodcock by the end of June?

Kind regards, Robert Tuveson