[mou] 2008 Irony

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Thu Jan 10 09:39:26 CST 2008

Interesting year listing ironies:

* Have Pine Grosbeak, Common & Hoary Redpoll - but no House Finches, Purple
Finches or Pine Siskins in 2008 (all seen in December)

* Have Great Gray Owl - but not Great Horned Owl (had last week of December
as yard bird)

* Have Sharp-tailed Grouse - but no Ruffed (they're resident here).

This would be less ironic if I had only birded northern counties - but I'm
out birding and/or hiking (in some fashion) every day except Sunday in
Sherburne & Mille Lacs Counties (central MN for our Wisconsin readers).

Of course this will change, but for now am enjoying the serendipidity of the
universe.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN