[mou] Eagles on the Mississippi

Richard Wood rwoodphd at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 14:26:51 CST 2008

Having been a birder for eight years now, I find it amazing that other birders can't comprehend that some birders are just like some people are; i.e, they can't play by the rules.
If just telling someone to do what was right worked, would we have the need for prisons?

What makes people think that birders are going to be any different?  Just look back on to what the last owl sighting was like; it was a circus.  At the time, I posted that I have seen that happen, and it will continue to happen because birders are people first, and people do stupid things.

So, to just post urging other birders to not ruin it for others is just plain naive.  Other birders, because they are people, are just going to do what they do, and all the posts from well intentioned others aren't going to stop them from doing what they are going to do.

If there's a good bird out there that someone needs to , all the posting in the world urging the to go by the rules and not ruin it for others won't stop them from seeing it if that is their goal.

Richard

Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.
Hastings, MN
rwoodphd at yahoo.com