[mou] Northern Minnesota Birding- request for info

Jason Guerard jason.guerard at njaudubon.org
Thu Jan 10 21:12:20 CST 2008

Dear Minnesota Birders,

I'll be heading up to the Duluth area in about a week and I was hoping that
someone out there might be willing to share some information on what is
being seen and where.  Our plan is to stay in the Duluth, Sax-Zim area with
owls and other winter/boreal species being the most sought after.  Info on
good sites for some gull or duck watching and any of the rarer visitors
would be most appreciated.

It's been a long time since I've been in the Northwoods.  Since I graduated
college in fact, having gone to school just an hour to the east, I have
familiarity with the area but specifics are long gone from my data base.

I've been keeping tabs on the Sax-Zim Bog festival site and see that there
were owl and Black-backed woodpeckers sightings at the very end of the
year.  Given that the site does not have any sightings listed for 2008 I'd
appreciate any update on sightings of this area.

Please respond off list.  I can provide a list of specific sought after
species if needed.  Here's hoping for good birding.

Thanks in advance for you time to whom ever may answer my request.

Regards,

--
Jason Guerard
Sales Manager