[mou] White-winged Scoter, Dakota Co.

Bruce Fall bafall at umn.edu
Sat Jan 12 17:55:40 CST 2008

This afternoon (12 Jan., 2:00 p.m.) Susan Fall and I watched a female
White-winged Scoter in the Mississippi R. at Prescott, WI. We
observed it from the Freedom Park visitor center SE of town, and also
later from the cemetery 1/2 mi. E of the park. The scoter spent most
of its time on the MN side of the river (Dakota Co.). Earlier (1:30
p.m.), the previously reported male Harlequin Duck was in the St.
Croix R. N of Point Douglas Park (Washington Co.).

Bruce A. Fall,
Minneapolis