[mou] 38 Brown-headed Cowbirds, Le Sueur County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Sat Jan 19 13:07:05 CST 2008

Around noon today Chad Gustafson and I stopped by Hermie's Corner Bait
and Tackle, which is a small restaurant/bar/bait shop just east of St.
Peter on the corner of Hwy. 99 and French Hill Road in Le Sueur
County. Last winter there were several blackbirds frequenting these
feeders. Today, we counted 38 Brown-headed Cowbirds (both males and
females), 5 Red-winged Blackbirds, and 2 Common Grackles. Several
Mourning Doves were present as well.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County