[mou] Swans and Bluebirds at Whitewater WMA

Carl Greiner cgreiner at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 24 07:52:13 CST 2008

Drove through Whitewater WMA around sunset last night, found a flock of 10
E. Bluebirds in Cedars along hwy 74 in Wabasha county. At the canada goose
project in Winona county was 2 Trumpeter (I think) Swans. There were a
couple more trumpeters I think on the Mississippi at Prescott. Along the
Mississippi there were lots of goldeneye (no Barrows that I found) & c.
mergs at Reeds landing (several hundred or more), red wing, and prescott. No
harlequin or barrows. Of course bald eagles all along and I saw a couple of
pileateds (one at red wing, one at wabasha). Beside the eagles the only
raptors were a coopers at hastings and a red-tail in the whitewater wma.

Carl Greiner

M.O.U CBC Coordinator
1616 Hill St. S.W.
Chatfield, MN. 55923