[mou] Baker Park

Sid Stivland stivland at cpinternet.com
Sat Jan 26 11:11:51 CST 2008

Birded around Baker Park this week.  We saw a Northern Shrike on at least two occasions in different areas of the park, once just east of the road leading into the Near Wilderness camp and once just west of CR201 and just north of CR 6.

Also saw a Barred Owl along the road leading into Spurzem Lake.  This bird was very close to the road and appeared to be hunting, even though this was during daylight hours, around 3:00 PM.  Camera went dead or I would have had a very good picture.

There was a pair of Red-tailed Hawks along Hamel Road north and west of the golf course.

Sid Stivland
Plymouth, MN