[mou] Vocalizing Shrike, Golden Valley

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt at bestbuy.com
Sun Jan 27 20:58:41 CST 2008

it is thought that the warbling song of the Northern Shrike is a siren song, used to lure birds out in the open, attracting them as prey. It is thought that it serves as a generic finch territorial song. People allude commonly to its quiet tone and variable nature. This is quite cool. Record it on video, I have been chasing this call for years, to no avail!