[mou] Aitkin County this last weekend

Warren wenelson at mlecmn.net
Sun Jan 27 22:52:37 CST 2008

I found a few interesting birds around Aitkin County this last weekend.
SNOWY OWL still in the same area northeast of Aitkin along highway
210/169 near 370th Lane (very dark bird)
BOREAL CHICKADEES at the Rabey tree farm along highway 200 between Hill
City and Jacobson near milepost 186. The birds were on the north side of
the highway a couple hundred yards to the west of marker 186.
BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKERS: along highway 200 east of Jacobson. The first
was about a hundred yards west of milepost 198 and second was right at
milepost 199.
12 SHARP-TAILED GROUSE on C.R.18 about a mile and one quarter east of
highway 169.
Thanks to Barb and Sue, I got to see the NORTHERN HAWK OWL near
McGregor. I found it at 8/10 mile west of highway 65 on C.R.8. It was on
the south side of the road sitting over a house just to the west of
where the power lines cross the road.
Other birds seen:PINE GROSBEAKS, COMMON REDPOLLS, SNOW BUNTINGS, 7
RUFFED GROUSE.
Warren Nelson