[mou] FW: Kandiyohi County Conservationists Named Minnesota's Best

Jim Williams two-jays at att.net
Wed Jan 30 16:33:35 CST 2008

This is an edited version of a press release I received today from Pheasants Forever, a bird-conservation group with an excellent record of achievement. Yes, they want more pheasants to hunt. The work of PF, however, benefits many non-game bird species. Read about their activities and accomplishments, and how they do it. As a birder, I wish there was a national birding-only organization with both state and county chapters that could boast of such successful hands-on work.

I am, as you might know, a PF member.

Jim Williams
Wayzata

> Press Release
>
> For Immediate Release
> Eran Sandquist (320)236-7755

> Saint Paul, Minn. – January 30, 2008 – The Kandiyohi County Chapter of
> Pheasants Forever (PF) was recently recognized as the Minnesota Chapter of
> the Year by PF at the annual Minnesota PF state meeting.

> In the past year, the Kandiyohi County chapter has supported PF Habitat
> Teams, has grown in membership and had several committee members
> participating in the Minnesota PF State Convention & Summer Habitat
> Meeting.  In addition, the committee supports their local youth with a
> kid’s camp and partnership trap shoot, and has cost share programs to
> assist private landowners in their area. The chapter is also a leader in
> supporting state and federal conservation policy.  The chapter participates
> in the Minnesota Habitat Fund and is active in improving habitat management
> on public lands.
>
> "The Kandiyohi County chapter does it all," stated Eran Sandquist, regional
> wildlife biologist for PF.  "They throw a great fundraising banquet and
> leverage those locally raised dollars to bring more resources to bear on
> the habitat mission locally.  They also reach beyond county lines to help
> other PF chapters accomplish projects, and simply put, the chapter provides
> leadership to the entire state on what a local chapter can do."

> The Kandiyohi County chapter formed in 1983. The chapter’s next fundraising
> banquet will be held on April 4th at the Holiday Inn in Willmar.  The
> public and media are invited to attend.  For tickets or more information,
> please contact Kevin Ochsendorf at (320)212-2412.

> Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever are non-profit conservation
> organizations dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant,
> quail, and other wildlife populations in North America through habitat
> improvement, land management, public awareness, and education.  PF/QF has
> more than 115,000 members in 700 local chapters across the continent.

 -30-