[mou] Hoary Redpoll photo

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 00:51:43 CST 2008

David Peirce of Missouri who was part of birding group I led a few weeks ago sent me a wonderful photo of the "classic" male Hoary Redpoll that is coming to a bird feeding station in the Sax Zim Bog area on the Blue Spruce Rd.

I posted the photo on my blog to share it with others so you can really see what a Hoary Redpoll looks like. I been seeing a lot of intermediate types posted on the internet this year as many redpolls are being found this year south of us or east of us and that means there are several reports of Hoary Redpolls.  There also has been a lot of discussions on Hoary Redpoll identification tips on the internet and I thought I share this photo to those who are trying to decipher all the Common Redpolls coming to their feeder with hopes of finding a Hoary Redpoll among them.

Blog address: http://colderbythelakebirding.blogspot.com/

Good Birding!

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota