[mou] Golden-winged Warblers in northern St Louis County

Dee Kuder dkuder at citlink.net
Fri Jul 4 08:07:49 CDT 2008

I just read the MPR article about the breeding bird survey in Koochiching
County and I apologize for not reporting the Golden-winged Warblers that I
found in June.

In northern St Louis County, I found Golden-winged Warblers in 3 different
locations on the Vermilion Falls Road by Crane Lake. At mile marker 6 just
past the Vermilion Falls; Bug Creek Walking Trails on FR 203 (2 GW Warblers
interacting); and the trailhead to Franklin Lake.

Relocated the GW Warbler at MM 6 June 15th.

Also heard, but did not see, an Olive-sided Flycatcher at the end of the
Franklin Lake trail on FR 203. I heard the Olive-sided Flycatcher the next
morning, but I couldn't find him again on Sunday, June 15th. There were a
lot of Alder Flycatchers calling in the area, and a Lincoln's Sparrow.

I think I will see if I can find the G-W Warblers this weekend.

Dee Kuder

Crane Lake, MN