[mou] Shorebirds @ Purgatory Creek

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 20:14:12 CDT 2008

I stopped by Purgatory Creek (Eden Prairie, Hennepin Co.) this evening. There were <20 Leasts and 1 Pectoral Sandpiper. Also present was a flock of ~50 R-W Blackbirds/C. Grackles.
There is a mudflat that is forming just 50 feet from the blind, which about 1/3 of the shorebirds were. (Hopefully this one will stick around through the next month. A scope is not required to view the birds from this point.) The others were out on the large sandbar in the middle of the wetland, which was the same one as this spring.

Also, at the General Mills Nature Preserve (Golden Valley), I was able to find both Killdeer (2nd brood) and Spotted Sandpiper chicks.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
tiger150 at comcast.net

Database version: 5.10180e