[mou] shorebirds at Purgatory creek

Ben Parke trumpetplayers at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 22:22:44 CDT 2008

Stopped by Purgatory Creek rec area in Eden Prairie today to check out shorebirds.  The leasts are still hanging around along with lots of Killdeer and a few spotted sandpipers.  I also saw one shorebird that had markings very similar to the lesast sandpiper.  However, it was larger, more the size of the killdeer and i was fortunate enough to have it standing right next to a least for comparison.  I was not able to get my scope to focus well enough to get a good look at the rump and lost track of the bird when I switched to binoculars.  If you happen to get over there and run across this sandpiper, I'd be interested to hear your ID.

Ben