[mou] Nesting Red-necked Grebes, Marbled Godwits near Erskine, MN

abeerman abeerman at smumn.edu
Sun Jul 13 22:12:26 CDT 2008

Last Tuesday, I visited the Rydell National Wildlife REfuge just southwest of Erskine Minnesota on County Road 210 and observed two pairs of red-necked grebes on Rice Lake and on Golden Pond. I also saw a pair of trumpeter swans on Golden Pond.  Driving west on County road 45 from Mentor, I saw a pair of Marbled Godwits in the soybean field to the south of the road not too far west of the intersection with County Road 44.

Andrew Beerman
Winona, MN