[mou] broad-winged hawk nest in Wayzata

Michael Engh mikee at cadence.com
Tue Jul 15 11:45:49 CDT 2008

To add to the urban raptor stories...

There is a broad-winged hawk nest next to the street in our cul-de-sac
(Britton Ln) in Wayzata. There has been a broadwing in the neighborhood
for a last couple of years but this is the first year I've seen the
nest. I watched some nest building last spring. Often hear periods of
incessant whistling. My neighbor (not a birder) doesn't like the fact
the the hawk takes cardinal nestlings from his yard. He also saw the
young broad-winged hawk apparently in trouble, hopping around on the
ground after the high winds a few days ago. Don't know if s/he survived.

Mike Engh