[mou] Bugs and birds

Forest & Kirsten Strnad carowren at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 01:42:26 CDT 2008

GRETINGS:

Outside the office window in our apartment is a light on a pole.  At night it has a few bugs flying under the light early in the evening.  Mid-night it may have two feet of bugs below the light flyiing around and around.   I wonder what kind, species, of bugs they are?  I wonder why birds - like nighthawks or chimney swifts - never come down to feed on the bugs? I have never seen that the do.  Have you ever seen birds feedin on these bugs?  Are they not tasty?

Forest Strnad
Faribault, MN.