[mou] Mute Swan (Dakota Co.) + other notes

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 13:08:33 CDT 2008

The Mute Swan in the Spring Lake R.P. was observed this mid-morning by Bob Dunlap and I (7/19.)

We also attempted to look for the Prothonotary Warbler at Fort Snelling S.P (Hennepin Co.) and the Swainson's Hawks (Dakota Co.) with no succsess.

Shorebird habitat in the metro appears to be poor. 140th St. marsh is now basically a wet field, and 180th is too full with water. As learned earlier this week, Lake Byllesby does not draw down in the fall. Purgatory Creek is actually somewhat decent, with today's species including Least Sandpipers and Lesser Yellowlegs. Hopefully, as it progresses into August, it will become drier and attract more shorebirds.

Good birding...

Alyssa DeRubeis
tiger150 at comcast.net

Database version: 5.10290e