[mou] Carver County

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:44:13 CDT 2008

There were no unusual sightings this morning.   I was entertained by a family of 5 noisy Great Crested Flycatchers at the Rapids Lake MVNWR.   Also at the refuge there were 2 Lark Sparrows, a Horned Lark, and a Willow Flycatcher.   I saw a Turkey family(chicks were quite young)  and a Ring-necked Pheasant family as well.    Besides the usuals that I have mentioned in the past, there were about 40 Brewer's Blackbird in a rural area of the county south of Cologne.  The water levels at Chaska Lake have dropped slightly, but there is still no mud showing.   We need about 10 days of dry weather to give the lake time to drain.  The many Egret, have been joined by a group of about 50 Pelican. John