[mou] Purgatory Creek today

Ben Parke trumpetplayers at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 17:21:45 CDT 2008

Stopped by the blind at purgatory creek in Eden Prairie today.  Lots of gulls, three pelicans, several killdeer, and at least one lesser yellowlegs.  There was another shorebird out in the large mudflat with the gulls but I could not get a good enough look at it with my scope.  Based on shape and bill length it would be either lesser yellowlegs, stilt, or perhaps wilson's phalarope.  It was doing the dowitcher thing with it's head (like a sewing machine.)  Perhaps someone with a better scope will be able to get a good look at it.  Other than that, there wasn't much of interest I saw in the little time I was there.

Ben