[mou] White-eyed Vireo (Scott Co.)

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 11:25:54 CDT 2008

The bird was heard-only again along the pet trail at Murphy Hanrehan P.R. today (7/24.) (See previous posts for specific info.) During the 2+ hours Bob Williams and I were present (8ish-10:15am), the vireo only sang 2-3 seperate times. So the time when it is not vocalizing ranged from .5-1 hr. It was first heard on the west side of the trail (about 100 yards off of trail), then it came to the east side where it was as close as 50 yards to the trail. By 10 o'clock, however, larger gusts of winds occured.
According to others, the bird has been singing less frequently and shorter blurps of the song than earlier in the week. I wonder if over-taping could be the cause of this behavior...

Alyssa DeRubeis
tiger150 at comcast.net

Database version: 5.10330e
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/