[mou] Carver County-Henslow's Sparrow still present

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:27:18 CDT 2008

The Henslow's Sparrow is still in the same location at Carver Park.    I waited about 10 minutes before he began singing in view atop some tall grasses.   He was a little further back from the trail this time.   I mentioned in the past about the lack of Meadowlark.   Today there were 10, 3 being Eastern and 7 being in a distant tree too far to identify.  I'm not sure where they all came from.    The male and female Bobolink have returned to the same area as the Henslow's Sparrow after being missing the last time I was there.  Otherwise, there wasn't anything unusual.   I didn't spend a lot of time standing in one area, as the deer flies were nearly unbearable.

John