[mou] Least Bittern & Horned Grebe in Floodwood

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 00:23:11 CDT 2008

Today (Sunday) I birded around Floodwood in St. Louis County visiting the
sewerage lagoons and Hedboom trail.  I found lots of good birds, but the
most interesting were two Horned Grebes seen swiming at the sewerage lagoon
and two Least Bitterns heard calling, one in the weeds on the west side of
the first lagoon.  The second one was calling from a marsh outside of the
lagoons north of the inner gate.

Crossbills were hanging around town in Floodwood last week.  I was unable to
refind them.

Steve Weston