[mou] Further Aitkin Trip Thoughts from 7/26

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Mon Jul 28 10:18:16 CDT 2008

How often can one write Buff-breasted Sandpiper and both Crossbills on the
same trip report?  The Buffy was well seen at the ag pond on Aitkin CR 15,
across from 441st Place - and the Crossbills (White-winged and Red) were
seen and heard flying overhead at CR 18/snowmobile trail.  One does not
expect a late July trip to produce four year and six county birds - not to
mention 22 butterfly species, of which ten were new for this butterfly ID
fledgling (Northwoods guide proving its excellence in the field).

Many thanks to Sparky Stensaas - we would not have been keeping our eyes &
ears open for crossbills without his recent report - as well as for the
field guide publication.

Good birding to all (they're out there).

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties