[mou] WEVI tape discussion

Diana Doyle diana at managingthewaterway.com
Mon Jul 28 20:22:11 CDT 2008

Are birders also destined to fall victim to Garrett Hardin's tragedy
of the commons? It would seem that there is no such thing as "little
tape playing" when it is multiplied over all the birders who want to
see a particular bird.

I agree with Jim. It's a disservice to the bird and to the person who
then regrets sharing their excitement of an unusual bird with the
broader birding community.

We must ask ourselves what our priorities are--if we are first and
foremost advocates for birds, their well-being, and their habitat.
Ultimately that's what being a birder is all about.

Diana Doyle
S. Minneapolis