[mou] ID help

Thomas Maiello thomas at ANGELEM.COM
Wed Jul 30 10:31:50 CDT 2008

I have a small-warbler-sized bird that is feeding on the outer fringes
of the woods next to my townhouse.  It moves so fast that I have a
hard time getting binoculars on it, let alone get focused.  It's speed
is like a Kinglet but doesn't really scour an area like a Kinglet.  It
moves quickly left to right to different leaf clusters, pausing only
occasionally, and just keeps on moving on - all on the bottom leaf
fringes of the woods (about 10-15 feet high).  It is going after
insects.

I am leaning towards a migrating Golden Crowned Kinglet but have no
calls or hard visual lock to confirm.

Any ideas?

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.