[mou] Hawk Weekend 2008!

Debbie Waters dwaters at hawkridge.org
Thu Jul 31 20:52:34 CDT 2008

Greetings!
Come and celebrate the migration at our annual Hawk Weekend, September
19-21.

Friday evening is "An Evening for Everyone", including a social and
refreshments, live birds, a twist on the "Guess-the-Number-of-Hawks
Contest", and a presentation from local author & naturalist Dave Benson on
Owls of the North. Dave's new book, Owls of the North, will also be
available for sale.

Saturday will offer a variety of field trips and seminars away from the
Ridge, and hawkwatching, interpretive programs, banded hawk and passerine
demonstrations, optics displays, merchandise, and refreshments at the Hawk
Ridge Main Overlook. Saturday evening offers a social and refreshments, our
annual member meeting, a fabulous "sustainable" dinner, awards, an auction,
and a keynote address by Dr. Christopher J. Farmer, the North American
Monitoring Coordinator at Hawk Mountain Sanctuary on The State of North
America's Birds of Prey.

Sunday will offer a variety of field trips and many activities at the Hawk
Ridge Main Overlook.

All activities at the Hawk Ridge Main Overlook are open to the public;
everything else requires registration. For more details about Hawk Weekend
or for online registration, visit
http://www.hawkridge.org/events/hawkweekend.html.  You can also contact us
at 218.428.6209 or mail at hawkridge.org.

Thanks!
Debbie
__________________________
Debbie Waters
Education Director
Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
P.O. Box 3006
Duluth, MN 55803-3006
218.428.3539
dwaters at hawkridge.org
www.hawkridge.org

Peregrine Watch, Duluth! <http://www.hawkridge.org/education/pw.html>

"I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and I have worms."
                                                               - Michael
Scott, The Office