[mou] Duluth yesterday

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Sun Jun 1 08:03:09 CDT 2008

Nathan & I birded Duluth (primarily Park Point), 61 (primarily Stoney Point)
& Two Harbors yesterday:

Red Knot (not in breeding plumage, so different bird than the photos - near
the point of the airport beach) - Northern Mockingbird (bushes near ball
field) - numerous Sanderlings (75+) & Ruddy Turnstones (25+) - American
Golden Plovers & and single Black-bellied - nice mix of warblers.

Nathan may have heard our other target bird - Whimbrel - at the wayside a
couple miles north of Two Harbors - never could visually locate it, however.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties