[mou] Yellow-breasted Chat at Baker Park Reserve, Hennepin County

Madeleine Linck MLinck at threeriversparkdistrict.org
Tue Jun 3 10:36:13 CDT 2008

This morning while doing a bird survey along the bike trail in Baker
Park Reserve, I heard and then saw a singing Yellow-breasted Chat in
Baker Park Reserve (part of Three Rivers Park District). I watched the
bird for at least 10 minutes. I would doubt it would stay, but it was
just east of the bike trail, just south of the Oak Knoll Group camp,
close to where the bike trail spur comes in that crosses under Hennepin
County Road 19. Very loud vocalizations.  The closest parking would
probably be the bike/hike/dog trail parking on County Rd 29 or up at
Lake Independence parking and then take the underpass to the main bike
trail that goes around Lake Katrina. Visit
www.threeriversparkdistrict.org web site for a summer map of Baker Park
Reserve. That part of the bike trail is not far from County Rd. 19 where
it turns very sharply to the west.

Madeleine Linck
Wildlife Technician
Three Rivers Park District