[mou] Red-necked Grebe and young

Forest & Kirsten Strnad carowren at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 15:25:48 CDT 2008

Greetings:

   Kirsten and I birded west of Faribault this morning to the marsh on the north side of Highhway 12, at Independance Avenue.  Kirsten discovered a grebe disappearing in the grass near the road at the side of the marsh. We waited a bit and then saw a female EARED GREBE as it swam out into the water, followed by EIGHT little grebes about 4-5 days old.

  Around the marsh , in the water and in some trees were 25 GREAT EGRETS

   East of there on Highway 12 and north on Highway 171 to Highway 38, jog east to Garfield. A mile or so north was a group of Canada Geese and one goose had EIGHT 1/3rd grown goslings.

  Forest and Kirsten Strnad
  Faribault, Mn.