[mou] 8 Red-thr Loons/W. Grebe--Park Pt Duluth

sparky stensaas sparkystensaas at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 09:14:55 CDT 2008

Sunday 6:45-8:15am
Park Point Duluth

Great viewing on the Lake...Flat light, calm water.

1 WESTERN GREBE on the Lake just out from the bathhouse
9 Dunlin on the ballfield
8 RED-THROATED LOON out from Lafayette Community Center (31st St.)
(Very close to shore initially...I got one photo with 6 in one frame! The flock of seven then flew out further in the Lake. A lone bird was closer to Duluth. I first spotted a bigger flock from about two miles away and dismissed them as cormorants...there may have been 15-20 Red-thr Loons)Sparky Stensaas 2515 Garthus Road Wrenshall, MN 55797 218.341.3350 cell sparkystensaas at hotmail.comwww.stoneridgepress.comwww.kollathstensaas.comwww.sparkyphotos.com