[mou] Chat refound at Baker Park Reserve at different location

Madeleine Linck MLinck at threeriversparkdistrict.org
Tue Jun 10 10:20:46 CDT 2008

While out at 5:45AM this morning, I heard and then saw the
Yellow-breasted Chat at Baker Park Reserve, western Hennepin County.
This was at quite a different location from the earlier posting. It was
flying across the road that goes into the Near Wilderness Settlement on
the south side of County Road 24 (this is directly across the Park
District's Marshview Group Camp and east of Hennepin County 19). The
bird sat briefly on the wire on the west side of the road way into the
Settlement, close to the 3rd telephone pole in from County Rd. 24. It
then flew into some small trees and vocalized again - could not miss its
assortment of harsh notes. I had to be on my way west to continue the
bird survey. Coming back about 8AM, I did not hear it again, but I could
not stay long.

Madeleine Linck
Wildlife Technician
Three Rivers Park District