[mou] Bell's Vireo, Mockingbird still there

James Ryan muchmoredoc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:25:57 CDT 2008

Thanks to all who posted these goodies. I got to see them both in the well
described posted locations!

Thursday afternoon about 5:30 the Bell's Vireo (LIFER for me!) was hanging
around and looked like it was collecting nesting material near the humongous
old stump at the SW corner of the lagoon area (West of Cedar Ave. and just N
of the parkway).  I heard it long before I was near it and it moved around A
LOT so was hard to get a real good look at for a while.  It seemed mostly
unaffected by the many passersby (joggers, dogwalkers, etc.)

This morning at 8:10 the Mockingbird was singing away at the corner of
Longfellow and 77th. It flew up off the airport sign to flash it's wings for
me as well.  I haven't seen one in a few years and never before in Hennepin
Cty. Nice!

--
Sincerely,

James Ryan
651-308-0234 business cell

--
Your life is what your thoughts make it. - Marcus Aurelius

As long as you live, keep learning how to live. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca