[mou] Yellow Rail in Morrison County

Warren wenelson at mlecmn.net
Sat Jun 14 16:28:17 CDT 2008

This morning  I did my Breeding Bird Survey. It starts in Crow Wing
County and ends in Morrison County. On one of the stops in Morrison
County, I first had a SORA calling, then a YELLOW RAIL immediately
started calling steadily. The area is along highway 49 in the very
northern part of the county, about one tenth of a mile west of county
road 280. This is a flooded field on the south side of the road.  It was
only about 25 feet off the road.  This was just before 9 a.m. and when
return after my count, it was still calling after 9:30 a.m.   Warren Nelson