[mou] Bell's Vireo/NMockingbird

Milton Blomberg MJBFLWRMT at MSN.COM
Sat Jun 14 21:14:55 CDT 2008

I was able to find the Bell's Vireo at the SWNokomis-lagoon location today.  As with others, I heard it singing before I found it...behind the massive cottonwood stump in a glossy-leaved willow, a brooding female as evidenced by the parting down the middle.  It spent most of its time in the young grove of Butternuts, I think, (didn't look to be walnuts) off to the left.  A second Bell's also gave chase a few times---9:30am
Missed the N. Mockingbird in the morning, but found it on one last swing through at the airport location previously mentioned--77th/Longfellow--2.20pm and vocalizing. Thanks for your posts and the visit with birder Mr. W. at the OldCedarAve Bridge. mjb