[mou] Sax Zim Bog

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 21:32:05 CDT 2008

Hello:
Out with a couple from Hawaii and we spent 5 hours ( 6am to 11am ) in the bog.
Highlights:
- Black-backed Woodpecker (nest) on McDavitt Rd. - Connecticut Warblers along McDavitt Rd & Admiral Rds
- Yellow-bellied Flycatcher along Arkola Rd.
- Alder Flycatchers
- Gray Jays
- Black-billed Magpies
Saw a pair of Sandhill Cranes with two small fuzzy young cranes on the far north field along Co. Rd 29 on the west side.
With all the rain we been getting the mosquitos are TERRIBLE in the bog.  I also saw a Timber Wolf along county road 133 at 5:30am near Blue Spruce Rd.

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
Blog: http://colderbythelakebirding.blogspot.com/