[mou] hooded warbler, Lebanon Hills Park, Dakota County

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Mon Jun 16 23:18:57 CDT 2008

Thanks to Drew Smith, Rob and I were able to hear, though we couldn't
see, the hooded warbler in Lebanon Hills Park this evening . He is
surely not alone in finding the trail system confusing in its current
marking, and the whole system is clearly in transition. Nevertheless,
his telling us he'd been traveling from the Holland Lake Trailhead to
Jensen Lake narrowed the search enough for us to find the bird. It was
singing from a thickly foliaged hillside on the path between marker 7
and marker 11, just beyond the post with the #7, which is at an
intersection with #6,12, and 14. There also an oven bird, many
flyctchers and several E. towhee nearby.

We had no luck at finding the Kentucky warbler Drew reported, but it
was rather late in the evening.
Linda Whyte