[mou] Sibley County Least Bittern

Joel Claus jclaus13 at msn.com
Fri Jun 20 21:02:56 CDT 2008

I had a cooperative Least Bittern at the Indian Lake public access in Sibley County this morning.  Indian Lake is on CR 10, approx 2.25 miles east of Hwy 15 in Sibley County.  Also, Sand Lake had 11 Western Grebes and 15 Red-necked Grebes on it.  Included with the Red-necked Grebes were two broods of newly hatched young (3 each).  Sand Lake is on Hwy 15 south of Winthrop.  I also came across a Eurasian Collared-dove in Gaylord along Hwy 22 a few blocks north of Hwy 19.

A Whip-poor-will was calling near the entrance to Rush River County Park at 4:30 AM this morning.

Joel Claus
Eden Prairie