[mou] NOMO and RSHA (Hennepin Co.)

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 21 13:53:44 CDT 2008

My dad and I were able to relocate the Northern Mockingbird at the airport today (6/21) before 1pm. It was first found in a little spot with several medium-sized trees and brush (along the airport fence), just east of the large Longfellow stone sign at the intersection of Longfellow and 77th St. It sang for 10 seconds as it immetated Killdeer, Downy Woodpecker, and Carolina Wren (also possibly Eastern Phoebe earlier.) It eventually flew to the fence and to the planted evergreens behind the Longfellow sign, as mentioned earlier by other birders. Thanks to all those who posted updates.

Also yesterday, a Red-shouldered Hawk was heard and seen just west of the Glenwood Avenue and Highway 100 South exit in Golden Valley.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley
tiger150 at comcast.net