[mou] Tennessee Warbler in MG revisited

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Sat Jun 21 16:31:54 CDT 2008

Learned a lesson today about casually viewing something and thinking
it to be something and it probably being something else or turning out
to be something special.  My observations on what I thought to be a
Tennessee Warbler nesting in Maple Grove is either a misID, an
incredible special and record-making occurrence or something that was
no big deal to me and should probably have held my tongue/fingers/
emailing or perhaps looked a bit into before leaping into the email
circle.

Various feedback indicates that I should confirm my observation with
binocs and a longer study than my haphazard glancing provided.  I will
revisit my birdie area and see if in fact the world is in utter chaos
of recorded certainty or if my eyes misperceived my mind and I perhaps
saw a vireo of similar sorts.  News to follow with film at eleven
following the weather on the quarter hours.

I think I learn more about birds from my incidental mentions on this
server than any amount of solo time I spend the in the field.  I thank
all those who care enough to share and are knowledgeable enough to
question and are sweet enough to simply inquire and have me look
again.  Note to self - check MOU occurrence maps when I think I see
something unusual.

Thanks again you fastidious fellow birders.  You always, always make
my day and open my mind and eyes and ears.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN