[mou] Chat still at Baker Park, Hennepin Co.

Bill Litkey blitkey at usfamily.net
Sat Jun 21 20:15:57 CDT 2008

After fanning on the Y-b Chat two weeks at the originally reported spot, I was
surprised this morning to find it still at the second location.  I could hear it
singing as I drove up at 8:10 A.M.  I watched and listened to it until it went silent
at 8:25.  I then birded elsewhere in the park and returned at 9:15 to find it
singing, but only for another couple of minutes, at which point I exited the park.
This location is along the Near-Wilderness Settlement road south off of C.R. 24, just
3 utility poles from C.R. 24, on the west side of the road.  If that road doesn't
work out for dealing with your car, there is a parking area just 0.3 mi. east on C.R.
24 on the north side.  Thank you Madeleine for your postings of what is always such
an interesting specie.

Bill Litkey (Oakdale)

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---