[mou] Chat at Baker Park Reserve-Ditto.

Don Darnell darnell48 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 22 19:24:08 CDT 2008

Thanks to Bill Litkey's follow up on the Baker Park Reserve YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT (Hennepin County), my wife, Michelle, and I were able to locate the bird this afternoon.  The chat was performing the usual chat squawks, clucks and whistles in a thicket immediately north of the second utility pole from Cty Rd 24 on the road that leads to the Near Wilderness Settlement just after 4:00PM.  It never did pop out in the open during the 15 minutes we hung out in the area, so my wife is still minus a visual on a chat.  The eight mile bike loop around the park was delightful.

Don Darnell
Eden Prairie/Hennepin Cty.