[mou] No Chat at Baker Reserve

Jason Caddy j.caddy at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 22:03:30 CDT 2008

Baker Park Reserve, 6/23/08

I was at the chat site today at about 11:30am and had no luck finding the sought after bird. There were other birders that had been at the site at 9:30 and then came back and were waiting for over an hour with no luck. As far as I know no one had seen or heard the chat this morning. I have had very little luck chasing birds lately so this endeavor was somewhat disappointing but at least it was a beautiful day.

Other Notes:
I have noticed many reports of White-winged Crossbills lately at different locations up north, maybe their is a good cone crop in northern MN right now, or a bad one in Canada?
As with the loons in the Twin Cities, I have recently seen single loons on Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet and a loon in non-breeding plumage at Canal Park in Duluth.

Jason Caddy
Minneapolis
j.caddy at hotmail.com