[mou] Chat, Hooded Warblers in Wm. O'Brien S.P., Washington Co.

Bill Litkey blitkey at usfamily.net
Tue Jun 24 12:08:29 CDT 2008

       After learning from friends that they had observed a Y-b Chat on Saturday
afternoon and Sunday morning, Dick Rengstorf and I headed over there yesterday
morning.  We didn't get the earliest start and ended up waiting for the bird 1½ hours
before it appeared briefly, with vocalization, at 11:30 A.M.  I am told this bird has
been around for some weeks.  I would like to encourage all to share with others
unusual birds found on public lands by either posting on the listserve or contacting
someone that will.  I do realize that this is occurring the majority of the time.
DIRECTIONS.  Turn right at the "T" just past the park entrance building and shortly
turn right again on the dirt road to the athletic fields.  Park here and walk the
dirt road(Wetland Trail) west about  ½ mile.  The Chat usually frequents the north
side of the road in the stretch from the small elm tree overhanging the road to the
bend in the road toward the southwest.
       As for the two Hooded Warblers, we weren't interested in pursuing those so I
don't have specific directions.  I do know that they are farther west of the Chat
spot somewhere along the Woodland Edge Trail.

Bill Litkey (Oakdale)

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work
of His hands."
 Psalms 19:1

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---