[mou] EC Dove update-Todd County

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:42:12 CDT 2008

This morning I finally relocated the Eurasian Collared Dove in Long Prairie. I actually found not one but two birds! The birds were two blocks east of Hwy. 71 just north of Hwy. 27. I finally was able to get looks at the under tail and was able to see the black outer webbing ruling out Ringed Turtle Dove. The birds were interacting with each other, so it looks like these birds are here to stay for awhile. My suggestion would be to just drive around the blocks in this area and listen for these birds while scanning the power lines. They are around, but seem to move around a little bit.

Ben Fritchman