[mou] Bell's Vireo in Brooklyn Park

Julian Sellers JulianSellers at msn.com
Wed Jun 25 13:34:07 CDT 2008

Phil Alban discovered a Bell's Vireo along the Elm Creek Regional Trail in Brooklyn Park.  He has been hearing it singing at about 6:00 a.m. on his morning runs.  I heard and saw it at 11:30 this morning (hey, I'm retired).  The location is northwest of the intersection of 101st Ave N & Noble Ave N.  You can mapquest that intersection, or you can get a PDF of the northeast Hennepin Bike Trails at http://www.co.hennepin.mn.us/images/HCInternet/EPandT/Transportation/Bikeways%20and%20Trails/Bicycle%20Maps/2007_Bike_Map_Northeast.pdf (and zoom in until you see the street names).  It appears to be OK to park on Noble Ave (I did).  From Noble Ave (not Noble Parkway), go west on the bike trail.  The vireo was singing and moving around on both sides of the trail this morning in the area between the second and third large utility poles west of Noble Ave.

I think Bell's Vireos have been reported along this trail in recent years, but I couldn't find those reports in the Summer Season summaries in The Loon.

Julian
St. Paul